Since world hunger was the prominent social awareness campaign suggedte by Blog Catalog members Bloggers Unite is partnering with Heifers International, a worldwide movement that aims to end hunger and poverty by providing livestock and agricultural training to improve lives.
Unite For Hunger And Hope
All you have to do to help end world hunger is to join thousands of others bloggers on April 29th, 2009 and write a post about world hunger. You can make a difference.
- Right now, more than 500 million people are living what the World Bank has labeled “absolute poverty,” with more than 15 million children die of hunger every year.
- World Health Organization estimates that one-third is under-fed one-third is starving. By the time you read this announcement, 200 more people will die of starvation.
- Even in the United States, 46 percent of African-American children and 49 percent of Latino children are considered chronically hungry.
Organizations like Heifers International are part of the solution. Every day in April, Heifer International is working hard to help lift people out of poverty by providing communities with livestock and agricultural training to improve lives and empower people. Once these communities are empowered, they help neighboring communities and “Pass on the Gift.”
What can you do for Bloggers Unite For Hunger And Hope?
- Register for the event on BloggersUnite.org and add a badge to your blog.
- Watch for the upcoming event news release and topic backgrounders.
- Visit Heifer International to learn more about Pass On The Gift.
- Make a small donation or take some other action to end world hunger.
So guys what do you think about it...
many people are still in hunger, what can I do, what can you do, and what we allcan do to finish this, we as a medical proffesionals, can help them by making donation, go to cure those who in need of medical attention but with no fund on them, talk to them, love them and that's all that they need.....
So mate God Bless You all..........